 Off-Topic / Debate / 16404
Re: Poor Target....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 01:34:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matt Sekerak writes:
My, my, John aren't we judgmental today!  Exactly how did I cheat Walmart?

You waltzed in and returned two LEGO sets that were bought AT ANOTHER
ESTABLISHMENT.  They took you on good faith that you had bought them there,
Walmart inventory, though it looks identical, is different. (See Next Argument)
Either way, you made about $50.00 off of the deal by selling back to a store
which took you in GOOD FAITH.

They received two completely good, un-opened boxes, ready to sell at
sky-high prices...and they WILL sell them!  You also admit to taking
advantage of a sale as well!

Taking advantage of a sale at one store is different than reselling to another.
Walmart buys those sets for, I'm guessing here, probobly well under half of
MSRP.  Thus, you ripped Walmart off even greater.  My Sale was publicized,
they asked for it, Walmart never did, Matt.

Come on now John, can you honestly say that
you don't enjoy the chase as well?

The chase, yes.  I usually keep my sets after buying them, not swindle other
establishments.

Don't cast me into oblivion with your
righteous creed...please.  I'm a part of LUGNET, too...and will remain so.
Why do I have to like LEGO for the same fuzzy reasons you do?  Den of
thieves?  There you go again.  Maybe my post has alerted other AFOLs of
Maine that they can pick up a set at a really good price...I'm not telling
everyone to STEAL like you so hotly accused me of doing.  Lighten up...do
your blood pressure a favor.  Anyway, the only entity that loses here is
Target, to the tune of .000000002% profit dip.

Flat Out Wrong!  Walmart is loosing.  You are ripping off Walmart! Target
made the mistake, there fault, regardless.  Walmart only made the mistake of
taking your word.

BOOOO HOOOO.  By the way,
I'm sincerely apologetic about the off-color language, you're right on that
point...my poor judgement.  What do you expect form a heathen?

-Matt

-John Rudy