 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1501 – 1520 of 1868.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: "gutless" bush?

(...) Evidence, please. The Secret Service is, as I understand it, trained to secure the safety of the president, even if he's appointed rather than elected to the position. I think that should take a maximum of about half an hour. I'm no expert on (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

(...) I don't mention this to be overly agumentative, but the celebration(s) that were common during the Christmas-time of year were around long before Christ. While there were several festivals during the latter half of December in Rome, focusing (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: In the interest of full disclosure...

(...) Maybe Chris Tracey (or someone else) can explain this a bit better, but I think it's important to point out the main flaw in "intelligent design". To take Behe's mousetrap analogy: it's true that half a mousetrap isn't much of a mousetrap. But (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool

NO NO NO NO NO!!! Don't you see the point of all of our posts expressing our COMPLETE DISGUST with the Scott and Larry Show???!?!!!?! All you're doing here is continuing it with half a dozen more PETTY BICKERING POSTS amed at Larry. Grow up, get a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Census help needed...

I blame the insurance industry and taxes. When all the costs of living increase and taxes rise, Corporate America wants to cut costs and Ma-n-Pa shops don't pay enough. Not too long ago people earning half my wage could pay for a house, car, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Electoral College

(...) Well to my understanding much of this is handled at a state level. I know Maine and one other state split votes based on congressional districts. The rest of the states its an all or nothing afair with about half the states binding the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: what do you think of editorals regarding the environment?

(...) Sounds about right to me, and that's within (hopefully) my lifetime, so I consider that soon ;-) (...) Yeah, but that really sucks, doesn't it? I would rather have a plague that wiped half the planet's population (or left 90% of the women (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

<snip> (...) I'd say more than 2/3. Almost all of the auctions I've been in as a buyer and a seller follow this pattern. (...) Remember that in a proxy bidding system such as eBay, the highest bid is defined as "just a little more" than the second (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo

(...) I should probably clarify this statement. I'm not saying that I know how much programming or effort it will take Todd to do this, and I realize that his time pretty much equals money here. I'm making a half-assumption here based on what we (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: British railway industry (was Re: UK devolved government (was Harry Potter but who remembers that?)

(...) I agree, inasmuch as we're talking about privatization in practice, not theoretical Libertarian privatization, which I would agree would function more effectively than the half-assed privatization Railtrack represents (but, I would also argue, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Perl rules!

(...) Not sure what Mac you have, so it's hard to know if this machine is (or was) cheaper, but my wife's P2-350 can do all those (although she doesn't do 1 + 2). We have Photoshop with 2 different scanners (flatbed HP and HP negative/slide (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: the metric system

(...) You know, I was going to comment on that, then I saw that you already had. (The part about Tim championing science, that is.) I almost fell out of my chair when I read that! :) I was half prepared to read "cubits." Or are we just being evil, (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) I dunno either. My Miata gets over 30mpg. As far as space utilization efficiency goes unlike most 5-7 passenger SUVs, my car is always guaranteed to be at least half full. ;-) Of course it could be debated that a Miata isn't a real sports (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Misleader and the Gay Apocalypse

First just go and see it: (URL) A Band of Brothers: The Rebuilding of Iraq (URL) Recent estimates now put the final figure somewhere between $200 billion to as much as half a trillion dollars over the next ten years. America's Iraq-sticker-shock may (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) Hmm, in a "totally open and free US society" (which we've never had, or certainly haven't had this century), I don't think nuking one city would collapse us. See, the thing is, with a totally open and free society, the power is sufficiently (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Yah, I forgot about that one in the heat of debate. So it was a combination punishment / preventative maintenance decision, then. (...) Wha--?! Whose side are you on? ;-) But I dunno; I still consider Satan's speech at least a half-lie, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:G3tJ8p.446@lugnet.com... (...) "wrong"? (...) at (...) Having read what I just wrote in this forum regarding education and child rearing are you still so selfless to say, "Who am I to argue (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: jumping to conclusions

(...) What Sharon did *ALMOST 50 YEARS AGO* was wrong-- Israel itself is not proud of some of those early day policies. But that was a long, long, time ago. Times have changed, and so has Israel's policies. Citing events that occured almost a half (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Wow, thanks. (...) You're certainly right about that. (...) Well, I think that's debatable in general, and ridiculous with respect to me and my household. I haven't paid full price for any of the 50 or so DVDs I own. Heck, I haven't paid half (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Well actually, I would have argued that we ought to have the right to drive. But since Richard pointed out that we do, the point is rather moot. (...) First of all, I don't know that it is. I just spent about a half hour trying to find those (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

More:  Next Page >>