 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 961 – 980 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Maybe the card itself is not a civil rights violations, but the many activities for which they will use such a thing are. First, if I'm required to disply my shiny new Federal ID, I consider it unreasonable search. I think of the right to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.656)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) No, this is a kind of fraud. But the fact that something is illegal is not a justification for every possible sort of remedy that any law enforcement officer can dream up. So while showing up for someone else's test IS fraud, it does not, in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

all, rights
(score: 0.656)

  Re: The big lie

(...) No, you were talking about *all* airports. But I don't see any difference in this case. For example: The government contracts with private firms for cleaning in some cases and uses public employees in others. Maintenance, cleaning, security. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.655)

  The New Kobayashi Maru Test

Many of you may be familiar with the no-win scenario Starfleet Command test called the Kobayashi Maru rescue simulation. The purpose of this test, since the simulation ends in disaster in all cases, is to ascertain the nature and character of the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.655)

  Re: Trying to understand

Well plowed ground alert. (...) You do. Or you should. It's not my problem if you didn't manage your affairs correctly. Maybe I'll decide to help, but it should be my decision. Medical care is a good, that is, a form of property. There are no rights (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.654)

  Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) Actually, I think the notion of ownership of real estate is corrupt not only because we can't possibly track it back to an original "fair" owner and then trace it forward to who ought to own it (for the most part), but also because I think (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.654)

  Re: 6776... Is this True?

(...) Yes, but Union vs. Indians has a clear adverserial implication. It might not offend you or I, but how would a Native American kid feel about it? (...) But that is very simplified history. Our country should absolutely be appalled at the crimes (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.654)

  Re: The big lie

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJx8oE.2rq@lugnet.com... (...) Rights? (...) of (...) With regards to airport security, I would have thought you would want to leave it to the airlines to improve security? (...) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.654)

  Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans?

(...) Any right that the ruling powers of Afganistan had to accuse us of being interventionist and meddling have been forfieted by commiting an act of war against this country. They may have a problem with our support of Israel, they may have a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.654)

  Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans?

(...) Important clarification: The link, however strongly we feel about it, is only equivalent to the Taliban "committing an act of war" by the US definition of that term. The link is still under dispute. You can't say that the Taliban committed an (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer)

(...) Ah-ha! I see! God wants us to kill these evil people! Is that it? Maybe His plan is to bring the nation and world together? Please, we are coming together to do only two things: help those who have lost family/friends/property in the attack (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.653)

  Special Identification for Arab Americans?

From you know who... The poll results scare the JEEPERS out of me. - start - WASHINGTON, DC -- Americans who want to fight terrorism by mandating Taliban-style "special identification" for Arab-Americans, by allowing police to randomly search (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  why not just give them the Olympics? (was Re: From a mailing list)

I have to agree with the general emphasis of the text below. If the richer nations of the world could share a little of their wealth then perhaps the world would be slightly better. Feeding the starving inside Afghanistan lets the Afghans see that (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  Re: Debunk this?

Here are my answers to Larry's questions regarding the Palestinian Authority. This was previously in an e-mail to him but he was insistant that I respond publicly: (...) I say NO for the simple fact that they regularly condemn terrorist attacks on (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) I am pretty sure I have never mentioned this in the past. So I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you are mistaking me for someone else. And I am really not sure about the previous acquittal -- but I am willing to read a cite if (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) "Akin" in what sense? That they are fundamentalist Muslims? That they abuse human rights? (...) Hard yes, impossible no. Ending Soviet communism was hard. Ending apartheid was hard. (...) Perhaps policy is a better word; a liberal policy (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) I want to apologise for "lumping you in with that chump Scott Arthur"(1) when it comes to debating, that wasn't my intent by naming the two of you at the start of the thread. It's just that you two are the "usual suspects" when it comes to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.653)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) In my delight that you admitted that the PA censors without needing to be prodded as much as usual, I forgot to follow up on the rest of the article... you focused on the censorship of the press part and admitted that it is true, although you (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.652)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Ouch, Larry. >:-P (...) I know it was a joke, but bear with me for a moment... Would Libertarians be tolerant of my lifestyle if I were to become a tyrranical conquorer bent upon stamping out Libertarianism and setting up camp on your private (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.652)

  Re: A couple more articles on the civil liberties angle

(...) could have been obtained by the now highly desired relaxing of individual rights of privacy. I guess following up on 6 years old intelligence leads from the Phillipines would have been too easy? This article also contains the following (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.652)

More:  Next Page >>