 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 681 – 700 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:56:30 GMT, Mike Stanley uttered the following profundities... (...) Agreed, it must be all or nothing, but I will defend the no tax on any food position. (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.018)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Chris, (...) I understand that this is the current situation. But why would you want to maintain it exactly this way? What makes driving different from bearing arms? Why is it acceptable to require permission for one but not the other? (...) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.018)

  Re: Former Iraqi General

(...) That may be *one* of the reasons, but it's no more insidious than the NRA's big-business pro-gun lobby, which has much less to do with personal freedoms than it has to do with lining the pockets of the gun industry. That's not to say that the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.018)

  Re: Should we be concerned?

(...) Article 9 and 10 of the Bill of Rights. Would they license a horse? Don't they license motorcycles and bikes? Aren't the roads called "rights of way." We all have the right to travel -- this was recognized as early as Magna Carta in the common (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.018)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Christopher L. Weeks wrote in message <3784F884.EBFE1372@c...ri.edu>... (...) why do (...) Chris, I know we are on the same side and all, but following your moral further, it is also right to break the laws, as you see fit, because it hurts the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) Look, I understand all of this... the point I was trying to make is that the trigger lock thing only says that the gunseller must provide a triggerlock.. NOT that everybody has to walk around with their triggers locked! If you don't want to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I don't have time to get into this fully, but I agree more with Larry than Thomas, I'm afraid. What I do have time to do, though, is assert that "the government" most certainly does NOT spend the money it gets for the welfare of the people. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

(...) Oh ya. And I see you just posted a good thought starter about where morality comes from, etc. I don't speak for all atheists. I don't speak for all libertarians. (technically I'm not even atheist, actually... I'm atheist leaning agnostic) But (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights, Who needs them? (was Re: Abortion...

(...) From the definition of "critical" (1) (and I am surprised that I have to explain this to a Doctor, actually. What kind of doctor are you, again?) ... You are "critical" in the sense of 2 a : inclined to criticize severely and unfavorably (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Fair Auction? (Was Re: Honest Capitalism)

followups set to .debate Richard Franks wrote: <snipped interesting, (but IMHO unworkable) scheme> (...) I disagree. We are all unique, and therefore different, and therefore unequal, practically speaking. Now, it was the intent of our Founding (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Well, we really have a quite a little mutual admiration society going here, don't we. All this macho, I've-got- 10-jobs back-slapping is touching, but let me offer a little unsolicited advice: Don't get sick, especially with a long-term, chronic (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <386A5CF5.B1434BC3@c...eb.net>... (...) all (...) Treating (...) Just a comment, when did regulation of the waste disposal industry occur? Around the same time that Civil Rights was in full swing? While the Civil (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) I'm okay with idea of abortion as the killing of a living thing, but not as murder. Murder can be defined as "the unlawful killing of another person." I deny that a foetus is a person with rights under the law. The foetus is not independent, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: This is disgusting!...

(...) This is all very worthy. 2 Questions. 1. What is the wealth of "richest nation in the world" based on? Hard work? Some human rights abuses? Exploitation? A mixture? 2. If taking action on the Afghans for their "egregious human rights (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I was hoping not to engage Larry in this debate because I believe my viewpoints are valid even though I might not be able to defend them as aptly as Larry can defend his. I am not a good debater and Larry, as I think we all know, is a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) Indeed. So what is the point of your system, if your "god given" rights can be removed the government? Are they only fair weather rights? (...) I know of no UK school which has a "whites only" policy in the last century. I know of no UK (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Huh... does that mean only a few can decide my rights, if I belong to the mob? I disagree with you all the way. If more people want it, it is to be done. (...) (sorry, did not understand... please provide synonym. TIA) (...) Ah, yes. See (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) That's sorta irrelevant-- As I stated elsewhere, yes, I'm all for allowing polygamy, etc (provided some probably some other changes), and all for letting consenting aliens get married if we find any, but that's not the point. The proposed (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Larry, I would like to understand the Libertarian principle better, but am finding it hard to understand from your responses in the various debates that have occured. What is the Libertarian view laws and law enforcement? We can all certainly agree (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

Hi all, it's been a while! The subject of this post seems curious to me. Canada is a great place...why? Dave, are you reacting to the court's decision or to this journalist's gushing? The way I see it, the writing in that piece was sub par in that (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

More:  Next Page >>