 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 501 – 520 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) And how does the church come to making such decisions? What process does the church use to come to the conclusion that this over here can be sanctioned, but that over there cannot? (...) So the Catholic church is obeying the "letter" of the (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.820)

  Re: Census help needed...

I blame the insurance industry and taxes. When all the costs of living increase and taxes rise, Corporate America wants to cut costs and Ma-n-Pa shops don't pay enough. Not too long ago people earning half my wage could pay for a house, car, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.820)

  Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?

(...) Agreed. Equal protection under the law means that the government (which has the force initiation monopoly, remember) has to take all unlawful actions seriously. These people making threats need to be found and prosecuted, in my view. (...) I'm (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.819)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Bill Farkas wrote in message ... (...) in (...) similar (...) endorsing or (...) that (...) not (...) merely (...) which is (...) Ah, but the Ten Commandments are MORE than an example of the basic principles, here they are for reference: 1 - Thou (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.819)

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) Pressuring companies into compliance via this method is *not* the market in action. Market in action is not buying said product. There's a huge difference. What if Jewish people start pressuring all grocery stores into only selling 'kosher' (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.819)

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) Straw man-- I was referring to the cited quotation. I can't speak about the show since I have never actually seen it, but I don't rule out that he is indeed devoid of substance and meaning, which is entirely possible. Unlike the "Christian" (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.819)

  Re: Newsbits

Being an avid X-Men reader for nearly twenty years now, I feel that I am at least somewhat qualified to speak on this. First off this guy’s assertion that this is an anti-Bush movie is stretching so much that even Mr. Fantastic would have trouble (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.818)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) This is one reason I really like the Nature Conservancy. The bulk of their effort goes to acquiring property, either through outright purchase, or by attaining conservation easements. Once they have acquired property rights by (mostly) free (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.817)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) I dug up (URL) some statistics> (page 288- of the PDF) and it would appear that in the US just under one third of drug users are using something other than marijuana. So when talking about high-risk people (those whose actions are a danger to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 0.817)

  Re: Monday Morning News Roundup

"U.S. Undermining Arms Control - Experts" (URL) says it would be advisable for U.S. military forces to forego their current search and permit an international team of arms inspectors to verify Iraq's nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. Such (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.816)

  Monday Morning News Roundup

"Crackdown on 'fat cat' riches: Curbs loom on huge pay-offs for bosses who fail" (URL) scandal of the so-called rewards-for-failure culture, with huge pay-offs being made to bosses of ailing companies, is set to end. Amid mounting fury at the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.816)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Explain the tragedy of the commons? Your cite referenced it, I assumed you are familiar with it. (...) Explain the notion that a person engaged in stealing is not a free marketeer? Seems obvious to me. Maybe you're not as familiar with (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.816)

  Re: La belle province

(...) No oppressed socially, but politically. Our rights as humans are well respected, if that's what you mean. No problem there. (...) Yep, that's 100% true. We don't consider ourselves as martyrs. We are pretty happy about our situation, even if (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.816)

  Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?

(...) agree completely. as mentioned before, limits to free speech exists. and they are threats and slander. (...) while i agree that the spirit of these actions might be anti-constitutional, unless the police take any further actions, it's hard to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.815)

  Re: How Will We Ever Wash the Stink of GWB Jr. Off?!

first, thank you for posting this. i hadn't known this. second, god this is depressing! my government, whom i'm too afraid of to really resist, is purposely and actively subverting international and domestic law - regardless of the reason behind the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.815)

  La belle province

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Terry Prosper writes: <snip> I dunno, Quebec doesn't seem all that oppressed to me, but I only have an outside view. Consider yourself lucky you're "stuck" with a country that would probably at least let you secede (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.815)

  Re: Free Speech, again

Oh heck, I snipped most of it without regard to whether I agreed with it or not... (...) No they aren't. At least not always. AM I THAT predictable? I'm not a number (in a platform plank somewhere), I'm a free man! But maybe I could make an (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.815)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) You are entitle to your opinion, but it's not a load of carp. School community groups, social gatherings or extracuricular activities are necessary to the good devellopment of a child. Sports, Plaing games, having fun, learning Life's lessons, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.814)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) Should it react at all? Are we in trouble? If so, exactly what kind of trouble? (...) Read some paragraphs above: you stated *clearly* that you were referring to Arabs, as you supposed that the author was too. (...) Of course not. You won't (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.814)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) It's good to hear they will act. Does this mean you create needlepoint and collect Lego? Interesting combination of hobbies. (...) Copyright law is complex. Ownership of copyright is usually very easy (at least when it's not part of a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.814)

More:  Next Page >>