 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 481 – 500 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Keeping the Peace in Nablus

Hmm, I never knew you were a holocaust denying anti-Semite. As such you clearly have no understanding of the IDF’s (URL) Ethical Standards>: Israel has a principle that weapons and force can only be used for the purpose of a military operation and (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Why Yahoo is bad (Was: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo)

(...) Speaking for myself, I find what Yahoo is trying to do a tad offensive. I can't quite pin down exactly what it is about Yahoo, but it has something to do with how much leverage they are getting in the Web publishing market, the aggressiveness (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) First of all, just because it might or might not predate Judeism (technically, by virtue of the fact that Adam is cited as talking to the same God that Abraham talked to, the informal roots of Judeism can be claimed to extend back to the dawn (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Idiots, Part Deux

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) Now if there was an addendum to all laws that says "You will get slapped hard if we find that your lawsuit is frivilous", then I'm completely in support of said measure. However, who deems (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) So just because your dad happened to build a house somewhere, you think the whole world should bow down and provide all the "niceties" of life, regarless of whether the location your dad built his house on (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) No I don't care about what is legal or illegal. I care about what is morally right and wrong. If it is rape, murder, or stealing it is morally wrong by any religion or lack thereof. If it is defending ones life and property, even if that means (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

All right John, Here is Moz' original post that I was referring to: (...) John Neal wrote in message <37D5C0DC.FDA80880@u...st.net>... (...) steal (...) Based on what he said, which relates to the traditional role of the church (which may have (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?

(...) No. Not at all. I meant consumption levels. I used to share an office with a guy who has utter contempt for anyone who is more than a pound overweight, gay or a Catholic(1). I was thinking of him when I wrote the text. He lives in the USA (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.027)

  How to get link pages made

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: <a bunch of good stuff... thanks. Great analogy to property tax by the way!> I just want to comment on this bit: (...) David: FTX is not that hard to learn to do the basics. It's way way was easier (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Nor am I asserting that all humans are bad--I'm merely pointing out that people's behavior will expand, so to speak, to fill the boundaries allowed to them. In addition, you've given spot examples to shore up your argument as well--how can you (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?

(...) Agreed. Equal protection under the law means that the government (which has the force initiation monopoly, remember) has to take all unlawful actions seriously. These people making threats need to be found and prosecuted, in my view. (...) I'm (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: New Web Page

Hi again, (...) I try only to make stuff up when it's inconsequential. ;) My "field" isn't early US/18th C. Britain, it's later, so all I have is ancillary knowledge and methodological things. I'm in agreement with the "they had different worries" (...) (25 years ago, 21-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Idiots, Part Deux

Now right off the bat, my family loves animals--I'm anti-fur and a whole bunch of other things, and we always had a dog in the house when I was growing up--loved having a dog around, and we always treated our animals humanely. That said... (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.027)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

(...) Well, every argument can be beaten down to some foundational principle that is a mere assertion that some may not agree with. I am not sure I have ever seen a philosophical argument that didn't ultimately break down that way. I'd be well (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Two Questions and a Comment (was Re: A Community Problem)

(...) I'd like to mention that legitimate competitors such as BTR and MegaBloks do not engage in the illegal duplication of TLC's protected intellectual property, so these two companies (at least) should be considered separate from those less (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Some Lego buying stats

(...) Hi again, Selcuk (sorry I don't know how to type the proper "c"!), All of the answers to your question so far have been pretty representative of the middle class (and we are probably more highly educated on Lugnet than average), but I don't (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <38aee357.975055273@...et.com>... (...) I haven't researched Libertarianism, but I think I will check the links at about.com within the next day or two. I have never heard of a brand of Libertarianism that struck me (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?

(...) *Exactly* my point. The statement "It is not very nice to yell at loved ones" therefore does not hold, because it is untrue in extremes. It does not mean it is *always* *not* "not very nice", but that the statemtent/theory itself is not (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.026)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) There was recently a flap in the paper here about scalping. NC State has a new policy banning resale of tickets on their property which upset people like season ticket holders or just folks who showed up for a game and one person wasn't able (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Can you check that for a possible missing word? I read it a few times and haven't grokked it yet. Thanks! Maybe it's a UK turn of phrase? "voice decent at"?? (...) I'll give it a brief once over later today... you already know what I'm going (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

More:  Next Page >>