 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 441 – 460 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Larry, I would like to understand the Libertarian principle better, but am finding it hard to understand from your responses in the various debates that have occured. What is the Libertarian view laws and law enforcement? We can all certainly agree (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.592)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) What part of "no exceptions" don't you understand? ALL or nothing. Water is something essential to life itself. So is gasoline if it's in the car that's rushing you to the hospital, or nails if they're in the 2by4 directly over your head (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.592)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) But we specifically ARE talking about free goods. Try to keep up. The assertion being made is that people are *entitled* to a certain level of medical care whether or not they can afford it. Now, if they can't afford it, what else would that (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.592)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Well, we really have a quite a little mutual admiration society going here, don't we. All this macho, I've-got- 10-jobs back-slapping is touching, but let me offer a little unsolicited advice: Don't get sick, especially with a long-term, chronic (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.592)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) This point is valid. There is no perfect society and Libertarianism does not claim to be able to achieve one. It merely claims to be able to make things better. (...) Answer this question yourself, please. I know why it failed. I suspect you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.592)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote: <snip> (...) OK, the first person who knows this song wins the debate: "...i've been called a communist because i'm left-handed/that's the hand to use.../well, nevermind." other lines (if you need a hint): "i've been (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.592)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) Oh, come on!! You CANNOT have a "perfect" society with more than a small number of people!! It is imposible! No matter what, there will be some that take advantage of it. Why do you think Communism failed? Any type of society that relies on (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:56:30 GMT, Mike Stanley uttered the following profundities... (...) Agreed, it must be all or nothing, but I will defend the no tax on any food position. (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) broken. (...) Not at all, see my response to Larry on this - you claimed to lack an appropriate flippant response - so I provided it. But I must say, that the original suggestion of sterilization made my skin crawl. (...) But on to the serious (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

I was catching up on this group when I read this post. This post by Lar is 100% right on. Why are there 46 more posts left in this thread for me to read??? I hope its a bunch of puns, as I can't see anything left to debate. I guess all hell has (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Thomas Main wrote in message <3779144D.DC72D75@ap...te.edu>... (...) Ah, just what the doctor ordered - good, teenage humor. When you can't argue, just hit 'em below the belt. Thomas, I don't know you very well, but I have now read a couple posts of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote: Not really responding to what James wrote, although I think it made sense. Just jumping in again. Brought up Larry's (and what I assume are the LP's) opinions on the government health care thing (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Healthcare is definitely the toughest nut to crack here. The problem is that essentially for anyone in the world, there is a medical condition which would take more resources to treat than they themselves own (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

John DiRienzo wrote: Although I think this is somewhat of a dead horse issue and I'm wayyyy to tired to be writing this...John addressed me personally, so I thought I should respond... (...) <snip> (...) Just trying to diffuse a tense situation with (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) The one that will get Bill Gates is the one we can't cure yet. Same as what got Princess Diana. We currently cannot save people that get crushed to 1/2 their volume and aren't extricated and gotten to the hospital that very instant. It did not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:44:51 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) You would tax food? It is something essential to life itself. Though one could argue taxation on certain items of food (1), to tax *all* food items, IMO, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I'm going to refer you to the federalist papers on this, and they're a hard slog, believe me, I'm re-reading them now, as I periodically do. Summarizing, though: I acknowledge that a quick read of the phrase "LL&PH" may leave one with the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.591)

  whiteness (was Re: WTB Train Parts

Fascinating. To reiterate, I have always understood "mighty white" and "mighty christian" to be equivalent insults (to non whites and non christians, respectively). There isn't a dictionary per se to go look these up in. we build our understanding (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 2.591)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) It does. A quick search will turn it up online. I shan't provide the free good of doing your research for you in this case. I went out and bought a copy in the bookstore because I wanted to be able to read it on the plane. Note that the papers (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.590)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Christopher L. Weeks wrote in message <3784F884.EBFE1372@c...ri.edu>... (...) why do (...) Chris, I know we are on the same side and all, but following your moral further, it is also right to break the laws, as you see fit, because it hurts the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.590)

More:  Next Page >>