 Off-Topic / Debate / 1349
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:24:08 GMT

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:44:51 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following
profundities...
- fixed percentage sales tax that applies to all goods and services. No
exemptions.

You would tax food? It is something essential to life itself.
Though one could argue taxation on certain items of food (1),
to tax *all* food items, IMO, is criminal and insane.

(1) Difficult to determine what really could or should be
taxed. Could some foods be determined as "luxury?" And would
you tax "unhealthy" foods? (Which would result in govermental
interference in lifestyle, etc. Examples of unhealthy food
would be alcohol, for instance. Yeah, yeah, I know it is
a drink, but "food" would possibly imply water, also
essential for life).
There would have to be, and must be one exemption, food.
Period.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888