 Off-Topic / Debate / 1320
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 01:43:03 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
I think that in a perfect liberatopia,

Oh, come on!!  You CANNOT have a "perfect" society with more than a small
number of people!!

This point is valid. There is no perfect society and Libertarianism does
not claim to be able to achieve one. It merely claims to be able to make
things better.

Why do you think Communism failed?

Answer this question yourself, please. I know why it failed. I suspect
you think you do but you actually do not. Your answer will reveal much
about your thought processes and your understanding of physical reality
and causality.

Any type of society
that relies on people to "do what is right" is doomed to fail if the society is
larger than a small collection of people.

And this point is not valid. The looters code assumes the worst and
assumes the natural thing for people to do is lie, cheat, and steal,
since the code itself is built on denial of causality. But the
libertarian code is not the looters code. It assumes the best and
recognises that almost all people are in fact good. It's life affirming.
Set up society properly and you'll get good behaviour by almost all and
swift compassionate justice for those with broken moral
codes/programming.

Turn away from the dark side that believes that people are bad and that
lying, cheating, and stealing are how one must get ahead. Come to the
light side where people create wealth instead of steal it, where people
celebrate diversity instead of enforce PC thinking, and where people
happily and peacefully coexist, trading freely and living rich, full,
vibrant lives.

Okay, question for you Larry:  Do you research the charities to find out which
ones actually use the most for charitable services?  Some use less than 25% of
what they take in.

Good question. I prefer those that are 90%+... I almost never give to
those below 80%. Charities compete for my dollars in part by how
efficiently they deliver services, and in part in how they approach the
decision process of who gets helped and who does not.

lugnet.