 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3121 – 3140 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Plus, you've got that goofy metric system to worry about. I don't doubt your tale at all, though it reminds me of other people I've known who've made claims of ambidexterity: Usually it amounts to "I write with my right hand, and I can use a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Even-handedness Was Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) When you ask the question, it requires thought--all spontaneousness reflexive action is then ignored... What would I do... Right now I think that if something was thrown at my face, I'd throw up both arms to protect my face. When someone (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

(...) Why not? Jesus did. Who did he hang out with all the time? The Scribes? The Pharisees? Or the people that they had labeled Sinners™? Which group are you representing right now? (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) i actually grew up in a loving environment that taught me that right and wrong are absolutes and nothing is relative. believing that has kept me out of trouble many times. And I didn't say you were (...) on the contrary--i'm not talking about (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Then you've been lucky not to have been exposed to reality, since you have been given such an inadequate set of tools for dealing with it. If you are in a position to save either one innocent person or a pair of innocent people from certain (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) I don't agree at all. It's this 'do right 'cause you're a Christian' that disenfranchises others from seeing what is, I believe, true Christianity. I try to do good works because it is the right thing to do (more later). Whether that comes (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

(...) Hi Dave, the point I was trying to make was that when you deal with a topic that has moral/religious implications (such as homosexuality), if before the discussion has even begun, you state that religious factors will not be taken into (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Lee: LUGNET newsgroup theory is all about identifying subsets of interest within the community and creating focused discussion groups for those subsets, both LEGO-related and non-LEGO-related; it's about creating and nurturing individual areas (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

Man, this feels like such a better place to talk about non lego related issues! I suggest all .people groups move here! "John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:I4Bs8n.zsw@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lee Meyer wrote: <snip> (...) Don't certain faiths hold the average bovine in high esteem? Would that necessitate that all topics of conversation regarding having a 'LEGO Buildfest and BBQ at Biffs Place' be inherently a (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh well, no worries :-) Shocking thought it may be, I *like* Readers Digest. Anything with words on a page can't be all bad, right? It could have been worse. It could have been the same cornflake package for all eternity. At least with RD I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Chris- This incredible process was discovered when people began to realize that we each have too many different antibody proteins, and that our DNA isn't long enough to encode them all. Eventually they figured out that each antibody-producing (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote: [SNIP] (...) (sarcasm on) Ummmmm, Dave, yeah, we have conversations about this all the time. You must have overheard us. (sarcasm off) We're not the ones obsessed with defining ourselves primarily by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm a heterosexual. I'm not repulsed by seeing homosexual intercourse. I'm not turned on by it either. It just doesn't mean anything to me, probably because my particular religious upbringing never told me what I was supposed to think about (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I've only read a couple of full-length novels that were originally published as short stories or novellas. Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card) comes immediately to mind (and I've recently discovered a copy of the original novella at the local (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) But I've seen a Brickfilm of the Iron Chef show, and doesn't the Extreme Team subtheme have a water skiing set? I'd imagine that those into those topics would love to see discussions on those themes as they relate to those LEGO creations, and (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Fair and Balanced, as always.

(...) You defend Bush all the time, so evidentily you don't practice as you preach. :-). (...) Being a slacker and a professional prevaricator is your ambition in life? :-) -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) The article I read dealt with dysfunction related to clinical depression, and didn't describe the hormones as sex hormones specifically - so I conjecture that by "arousal hormones" it was referring to something more along the lines of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Personally, I see it as resolved now. Almost all of us can all still buy or sell. Follow the rules. It can be debated all we want, but to me, it is resolved. (and I stress - To Me) Jamie Jamie (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

(...) There are no moral implications in the issue -- except for the immorality of behaving in a hostile manner toward a harmless minority, of course. (...) Out of curiosity, would it be more or less hostile to your particular religion if Todd (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

More:  Next Page >>