 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1419
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:56:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Jeff Findley wrote:
This whole situation is so unfortunate on so many levels.

Dan seems upset that Larry is trying to use Bricklink in a way that he doesn't
intend (even though the TOS doesn't seem to address the gray area of stores
imposing "terms and conditions" on sales that aren't automatically handled by
Bricklink's sales engine).

Larry is upset because he thought he was complying with the TOS, made changes
that he thought would make Dan happy, and got kicked off Bricklink.

The community is now in an uproar because a "high profile" Bricklink store has
closed and they don't understand the situation...

As a past Bricklink buyer, I would really like to see this situation come to a
resolution that benefits everyone involved.

Jeff

Personally, I see it as resolved now.  Almost all of us can all still buy or
sell.  Follow the rules. It can be debated all we want, but to me, it is
resolved. (and I stress - To Me)

Jamie

Jamie