 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 2561 – 2580 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(URL) Am Spartacus," by "Wretchard," Bellmont Club, February 1 "The first effective counterstroke in the cultural confrontation between the West and Radical Islam has been fired by Europe. The Guardian reports: 'Two leading German newspapers and one (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.378)

  Re: Uselessness of ".debate" between Scott and Larry

(...) Thirded "The partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers of his own assertions." Scott A (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.377)

  Re: Does God Have A Name For God?

(...) Well, I am a newcomer apparently to this conversation, not knowing what was before and being too lazy to look it up, I was intrigued by the John 10 verse and I did look that up. First of all, I am not sure what version of the Bible you got (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.377)

  Announcement - Religion Useful? Debate...

Since there's no announcement group... If anyone watches this, I'd like their opinion. It would appear to be inline with a few of the debates here... ------- C-SPAN will re-broadcast the Keyes/Dershowitz debate from Franklin & Marshall College, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.377)

  Re: Does God Have A Name For God?

(...) First let me say that you are not crazy if you talk to yourself, Dave! (But you are if you listen;-) I think Jesus is clearly referring to Jews and Gentiles here. The sheep in the pen are God's chosen people, the Jews. But Jesus is obviously (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.377)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) I think this is a specific instance of a more general principle, one we've stumbled over repeatedly on vastly different topics. A says "I tolerate/enjoy X" B says "I don't tolerate/enjoy X" So far so good. As long as X doesn't intrude on B, B (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

rights
(score: 0.377)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) OK Larry. I'll play your game again. Let's revist this message: (URL) this text: =+= The point I was making about rights concerned political freedoms. For example - here in the UK one could always choose to be, say, a communist. Can you say (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.377)

  Re: Polyamory

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5pyGI.Dss@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) usage. Well, there was that time you were curious about my doctortate. (...) fiat (...) Not my point Larry. However, you are still wrong. Much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Is this what you say to everyone whose hackles raise at being enslaved? "Oh, so you're someone else's property. So someone else gets to play with you as a toy and if you're not entertaining, put you to death. Grouse, whine, cry! Just get over (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Heads up, atheists

(...) Admitting he was wrong after universal outcry against him. Pat Robertson has said to many crazy things lately for me to take him seriously as a Christian. Threatening God's wrath on the people of a PA town for teaching evolution? Calling for (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Provide a cite please. That is, show how your set of rights are *harder to change* than ours, not that they currently give you more or less freedom. (1) That's the point I'm making, which you missed. 1 - they give you less, regardless of what (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) In many ways, our rights are stronger than your own. It is true, I don't have the right to carry a gun to church - but I don't want it. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) You have never done it for me in the past, so "again" is an incorrect usage. The US has a constitution, which trumps individual laws. Laws have to theoretically be voted on separately, not just put in place by ministers subject to votes of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin

(...) First of all, you gotta think globally for a minute. Believe it or not, there's a whole world out there beyond our borders, and our actions have consequences that can be felt throughout. But now that you mention OUR economy, to what indicators (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Polyamory

Scott: (...) You really are a bit dense sometimes, Scott... Quoting myself in the *very paragraph* you're supposedly "responding" to.. (...) Is that so hard to understand? In shorter sentences: Public (government funded) no. Private yes. Like I've (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin

(...) Economic destruction? All I've seen is 2 of the most horrific economic disasters strike during Bush's tenure (9-11 and Katrina, neither of which can be attributed to the Bush Administration), and yet our economy still grows. To what economic (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Polyamory

Plowed ground alert. (...) For now. Subject to whim reversal, of course, since you have no mandated and irrevocable protections of your rights (neither do we, but ours are a bit harder to water down since they are in the Constitution, and the ones (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: LP POINT 1

<cut> (...) Opps. I forgot to say, that fact the LP would stop me from switching the lights on in my own house, is not the only problem I have with it, or libertarianism. Most of the rest evolve from what we discuss here: (URL) And I already told (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) You say "government" like it were an entity which just appeared after some sort of a coup. Here in the UK, the government exists "create an open and inclusive society, where rights are balanced with responsibilities, and where every citizen (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.376)

  Re: Less excellent news

(...) Only my deep sense of loss in not being able to live a full and normal life. We all have our crosses to bear, no? ;-) Richard Still baldly going... (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.376)

More:  Next Page >>