 Off-Topic / Debate / 8137
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:45:54 GMT

I'm not going to do your homework for you again. If you are interested in my
point - go find it.

You have never done it for me in the past, so "again" is an incorrect usage.

The US has a constitution, which trumps individual laws. Laws have to
theoretically be voted on separately, not just put in place by ministers
subject to votes of confidence.

The UK has no constitution, and laws can be put in place by ministerial fiat
subject only to losing a vote of confidence. (some are passed explicitly,
yes, but some are not)

And therefore... therefore, my uncritical friend, theoretically the US has
stronger protection of basic rights.

Refute that, or shut up.

++Lar