 Off-Topic / Debate / 8083
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:17:28 GMT

Plowed ground alert.

You say "government" like it were an entity which just appeared after some
sort of a coup. Here in the UK, the government exists "create an open and
inclusive society, where rights are balanced with responsibilities, and
where every citizen has the opportunity to succeed and fulfil their
potential". The fact is that government is this way in the UK because that
is what the electorate want.

For now.

Subject to whim reversal, of course, since you have no mandated and
irrevocable protections of your rights (neither do we, but ours are a bit
harder to water down since they are in the Constitution, and the ones in
there tend to get ignored anyway).

Thanks for playing.

++Lar