 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 2201 – 2220 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Dave Schuler wrote in message ... (...) "responsibility" (...) then? (...) from (...) fiscal (...) wealthy (...) Because man. There would be other rich people, who make money off of poorer people by suing the hell out of rich people or corporations (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Nowhere within either the BNA act, or the Canadian Constitution (1982), is there a mention of the right to bear arms. Therefore, you _do not_ have a right to own them within Canada. You have whatever rights the majority of the people of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) The Big M has had fast food franchising (burgers) to themselves in Australia. So the Big Mac is the Big Mac. Only recently have Burger King started expansion. But I believe someone local had rights to the franchise name 'Burger King'. When (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: So are they prisoners of war or what?

(...) Probably. I suspect you mean, "are they being treated legally?", to which I would answer, probably not. (...) Interesting gray area. In the conventional sense, I would think not - but they would then have the rights of any accused criminal (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Frog

(...) I've always wondered about this. I have some questions WRT this stance. What does superior mean? Is it based on cognitive-emotional capacity? Frankly, using what I guess to be the answer, I consider myself superior to most of humanity, but I (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I would have to agree with Mike. The biggest problem with gun legislation, is that it's in the second amendment of the US Constitution. Spelled out specifically. If the government deems is necessary to take away that amendement, what's to stop (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Brick Testament in Trouble?

(...) I'm glad you put a winky there-- that is one of my hot buttons-- "artists" hiding behind the First Amendment while they purvey filth and obscenity-- and then *I* have to support it! (NEA in the US) (...) What about TLC's rights? You know, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) I've said before that France is hardly morally clear on this matter, since they're motivated at least in large part by their past financial investment in Iraq, as well as promised contracts for future oil rights. So, to that end, you're (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate"

(...) Spot on, Scott. This is why Mr. Robbins should stick to acting rather than pretending to be a deep, political commentator and victim, because he doesn't know what he is talking about. He thinks his First Amendment rights are being violated (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) <snip> (...) It's amazing that I just agreed with everything that was stated by Dave! You cannot have sexual discrimination in laws. A law forbidding same-sex marriage is sexual discrimination and takes away rights from individuals. Dave K (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) I'm not seeing where that description of linkage rules out a similar linkage with another willing partner, although I'd grant that it does rule out the partmer being the same gender. I'm also not seeing the relevance to constitutional rights (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Yep, you've just lost any sense of moral ground--"let no man separate". As long as "man" is separating, you've got nothing. Get rid of divorce (man separating the covenant that 'God joined'), get rid of adultery and coveting, and then we may (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: An Alternative..

(...) Please don't hold back on the questions :) (...) I have to respectfully disagree! * Power is bottom up, not top down. * State Funding is at a minimum - you pay for what you want. * Individuals are offered a role in community issues and at a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Get back into the closet!

(URL) two men - Joe Varnell and Kevin Bourassa who are legally married under Ontario law - refused to fill out separate forms and cancelled their trip, to a human rights conference in Georgia. The US Embassy in Ottawa defended the action by US (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

<snipped alot of old convo> (...) Maybe to you, but does that mean it is valid in my eyes? Not saying it does not, but does it mean it applies across the board? No. (...) Yes he does, as do you. I never said you do not have that right. Can you show (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  constitutional discussion (was:Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) I think it's a pretty strong corner-stone for our nation. It may need to be altered as time marches on...I just don't see a burning need. Actually, I would like to see the ammendments that pass the rights and duties which aren't specifically (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  (canceled)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Except possibly for reasons of copyright infringement...? (But TLC has never really had a problem with that yet as far as we know...only trademark and trade dress infringement.) (...) Waitasecond, waitasecond! This isn't and never was about (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Misleader and the Gay Apocalypse

(...) This is disgusting. Its a flagrant attempt to circumvent the protections of the first, ninth, and tenth amendments. The real question is will most people care enough to stop it. Further proof that our government will take away as many rights (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Elian Gonzales

(...) D'oh! Well, shoot. Good call. That was an unintentional inconsistency, and I think I stumbled between Elian's issue and the world-at-large. My error. (...) I wouldn't have characterized delusion in that way, but I see your point. "Delusion" to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

More:  Next Page >>