 Off-Topic / Debate / 8518
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:13:13 GMT

I don't own a gun.  I have no plans to own a gun at this time.  But talk of
stealing my constitutional right of bearing arms, and I may see the need
before it's too late.

Nowhere within either the BNA act, or the Canadian Constitution (1982), is
there a mention of the right to bear arms.  Therefore, you _do not_ have a
right to own them within Canada.  You have whatever rights the majority of the
people of Canada decide are reasonable to grant you _at this time_ with respect
to the possesion of a instrent that is more than able to kill people.

James