 Off-Topic / Debate / 8515
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:05:35 GMT

Is it a good thing for the ~4000 under 19 years old who die each year due to
firaems? Is the chance that a "well regulated militia" will be needed worth
that waste Or is is not "waste", but just a price worth paying?

Then I guess you should register when you buy alchohol products.  Isn't
around 30% of traffic deaths alchohol related.  I don't consume any
alchohol, so it doesn't affect me.  Let's make it as hard to get as possible.

How about cigarette consumption.  How many lives do cigarettes take every
year?  I have no idea.  But I bet more people die from emphysema than
bullets.  And I can't tell how many times I've been victimized by second
hand smoke.  It effects my life greatly.  Let's register all cigarettes.  It
doesn't effect my life.  It's rich and full without it.

How about people with AIDS?  Shouldn't they be registered.  Should a person
have direct knowledge before sleeping with another person whether they have
AIDS or not?  Why not have an online resource at your fingertips to check
for such precautions.  I daresay that most people who have AIDS today would
say that they wouldn't have messed around with that person had seen the
registration.

I don't own a gun.  I have no plans to own a gun at this time.  But talk of
stealing my constitutional right of bearing arms, and I may see the need
before it's too late.

Markus