 Off-Topic / Debate / 22172
22171  |  22173
Subject:
Get back into the closet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:54:02 GMT

"
The two men - Joe Varnell and Kevin Bourassa who are legally married under
Ontario law - refused to fill out separate forms and cancelled their trip, to a
human rights conference in Georgia.

The US Embassy in Ottawa defended the action by US immigration officials at
Toronto airport, saying that the 1996 US Defence of Marriage Act defined
marriage as "only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and
wife".
"

Eh, I'll take a 'wait and see' approach where the US is concerned.  Though, I
think I'll be waiting a long time for them to recognize this one...

Dave K