 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1741 – 1760 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) not be (...) in (...) 5 to (...) line (...) independantly. (...) (as (...) to (...) don't (...) "should" (...) they (...) While I agree to a point with you, I also agree to a point with Chris. I don't think (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.473)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) Perhaps when Eric became a member up-to-date link pages were part of the "deal". Did the gov't cut your grass when you 1st bought your property/paid the tax? ;) Scott A (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.473)

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

(...) Poppycock! Since you are apparently in the Netherlands I guess it might be understood that you do not entirely understand the questions involved as they might relate to citizens of the United States, although perhaps you are a U.S citizen (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.472)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) As I have said before, serious academic studies have shown that the Western Media has a pro-Israel bias. The reason the rumours of a "massacre" lived so long was because the Israel did not allow the press into the area (indeed they would (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.472)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Claims like that are allowed to stand all the time, and they still get knocked over in court when they try to enforce them. It doesn't matter what a company claims it's legal rights are, it matters <cynicism> how good their laywers (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.472)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) All right. You have this artist friend. She paints things. She invites you and fifty other people over for a housewarming party. Great party, lots of fun, lots of neat things going on. She's got a couple of her latest paintings up on display, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.472)

  Re: 2000 scans

(...) If you think about the vast number of television programmes that spew forth from America and pollute the rest of the world.. then it isn't that suprising that people have this opinion. Almost every other idiot on television is an American, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.472)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Well, if he's wrong then say so. I distinctly remember Kevin on numerous occasions mentioning something to the extent of "well, the less attention we make TLG pay to the scans site the better" - basically, like in the case of the loser selling (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 0.471)

  Re: jumping to conclusions

(...) Let's just stick to the normal usage/definition of words... not your distorted definition. I think this is pretty good: "Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.471)

  Re: Peace in the Mid-East?

(...) That is a notion which is quite wrong. (...) You have *not* answered my question have you? The answer is no! (...) Who made them refugee's? I accept it would have been more convenient for Israel if the Arab states had accepted them into their (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.471)

  Re: Peace in the Mid-East?

(...) That is *not* what I asked (...) Not "the facts", just the "facts at hand"? What are her information sources? AIPAC? (...) They may not be the "evil oppressors Palestinians portray them to be", but they are still evil oppressors. Just take a (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.470)

  Re: Peace in the Mid-East?

(...) More objective reporting from Mona. Has she ever criticized Israel? Even if every word were true, and the reality were worse, it does not justify what the Israeli’s are doing. As my granny used to say: two wrongs do not make a right. I would (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.469)

  Re: Jenin

(...) "Do you believe Israel committed human rights violations against Palestinians in Jenin?" 60% Yes 40% No 197531 Votes Perhaps that view was informed by Sharon. One of his demands of the now aborted UN fact-finding mission was that evidence (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.469)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Kinda exactly like that, yeah.[1] (...) Yikes. Wow. Well, I'm going to have to tone down my opinions then, if it came across that way. More disclaimers needed, or something. Persuade through logical argument, yes. Bully, no. (I'm speaking for (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.468)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

Since I know a little bit about law I will give the legal prespective of what Huw did. I personally have never seen one of these retailor catalogs but as long as there was nothing on the catalogue that said "confidential" or for store managers Etc (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.468)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I can see how you could see it that way. But it shouldn't really be surprising that a couple of people who are so insanely in love with a company's product that they would start a fansite devoted entirely to it, would also be correspondingly (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.468)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) The former. Those who work hard make their own chances and get their own opportunities, therefore don't need help from some sort of scheme to make things "equal" as long as the government they're under isn't actively suppressing rights. There (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.467)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Sorry-- couldn't resist:-) (...) It is an interesting scenario. I am not for the government restricting the rights of adults so much as I am concerned about protecting minors from disgusting things adults like to do. Although she *is* free to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.466)

  jumping to conclusions

(...) I would love to see the cognitive process your mind went through to reach (jump to) that conclusion. Although I do support the right of self defence, I am fundamentally a pacifist in nature. I believe strongly that we should uphold human (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.466)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Easy there, fireball, lest we accuse you of being a Typical Conservative--santimoniousness, arrogance, bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, and an irrepressible zeal for curtailing others' rights to expression. Naturally I'd never want to paint a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.466)

More:  Next Page >>