 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1661 – 1680 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) He had the opportunity to do that while I was doing business with him. And hey, it'd have been the polite thing to do. (...) You are one mean hombre. While I am genuinely angry with Andreas' actions, I would never compare him to Publisher's (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?

(...) By that definition, *any* act taken in a military conflict is "terrorism." The major difference is that the civilians of Japan had no basis for an *expectation* of safety--especially when you consider what happened to Tokyo in March, and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I know you are trying to stay on a narrowly focused topic here, but this is something I started to think about (again) as I was reading the end of the article and it may have bearing on this discussion. Can the market foster an ethical (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: What the...?!

(...) Not that I watch alotta telly, but on Judge Judy once, a woman was sueing a guy for monies lost because the fradulent deal he suckered her in to went south and she lost money. Judge Judy looked at her and said something like "You want to use (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) No but none of those are criminal acts or occuring in my home potentially threating my life either. Frankly, I can't belive you think it is okay for someone to break into you home as long as they are only stealing? (...) Jaywalking is not a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

(...) Okay, sorry. I see that you are talking something like my language. And I wasn't using the bible to justify anything, merely pointing out the many faiths have this idea in there somewhere (relating it back to another offshoot of this thread). (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)

(...) Do they not ask you each and every time there is an election in the US? Sure, I expect you were out-voted - but that is democracy for you! Did Gore and Bush not present pre-election spending plans to your nation? Will your elected (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Moore foolishness than ever

I've resisted introducing this topic because we've been over it before, and the main issue is, to me, entirely resolved and crystal clear. But (URL) Roy Moore> still keeps going on about his unconstitutional monument to his hubris. So what's the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:18:12 GMT, Adam Howard uttered the following profundities... (...) <snip> "Yank" is the common, global reference to Americans. You should here the Strine rhyming slang for Americans, "Septic Tank." :o) (...) <snipped quote of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Poverty myths?

(...) Hong Kong is a city - it can't be compared to an entire country. Of which it is a part of, BTW. And I said OVER half of China is uninhabitaBLE, not uninhabitED - the last portion is even greater than the first. If you check where the majority (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

(...) Here’s where I got this: (URL) I say more? 18-1-704 - Use of physical force in defense of a person. (1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a person is justified in using physical force upon another person in order (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Religious bigotry = Patriotism, say State Representatives

(...) Yeah, there's slightly more to the story... a history really... (quickie summary) Sounds like back in December there were a bunch of quasi-protesters who decided they'd walk around the mall at Christmas time wearing peace/anti-war garb, just (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Cra pollution[ was: Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep]

(...) OK. I'm impressed. By a 'few' I meant that the requirement was introduced sometime during the 1990s - but I'm not sure when. Does sound like you are way ahead of Europe in that respect. Don't think most of us had even heard of catalytic (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3877CEEA.506A25B3@v...er.net>... (...) Easily. Hard to believe, but true. A well run private school, whose soul purpose (i.e. one of today's public schools) is to keep kids from running the streets could cost this (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) I understand what you're saying, and as far as deterrent criteria, I agree with the ones you've cited (and which I've snipped). In the current system, an illegal drug carries with it the direct penalty of its use, in addition to whatever (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Hmm.. not necessarily, but most probably. Mostly it's to say that I don't have a problem with you breaking the law, so long as you don't put moral fault on the government for punishing your lack of adherence to it. Basically, should those who (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  We have too many cats in our house already

(...) Here's what I said, we shall see what I get back: begin quote: Your ULA on your site says that you have loaned me the hardware that Forbes sent me. I've decided that if I cannot use that hardware in whatever manner I see fit, I may not want (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: guns, guns, guns (was: demographics (was: My Gun Control Rant))

(...) Well, I suppose guns are necessary for an insurgency to be armed. They may not be the only effective means of achieving substantial political change; cf feminism for another example. (...) Not necessarily, but that's not my point. Gandhi's (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

John Neal wrote in message <386E6426.576F7583@u...st.net>... (...) he (...) in (...) anyway) (...) no (...) know (...) this (...) I don't pretend to know anything about any here after. Perhaps there is one, but it makes about as much difference to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) What a device is _primarily_ designed to do and what one does with it, in my mind, are two very different things. The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if a pencil is designed to write on paper with, you _could_ buy it for the express (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.988)

More:  Next Page >>