 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1261 – 1280 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Well, I suppose since I'm not interested in marrying a man, I'll let this one pass for arguments sake to get onto the juicer bits below... (...) Wooohooo! But then, this isn't any different from a standard politician's template - they just (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.593)

  Re: To change the tune...

(...) "The Iraqi regime ... possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons." -- George W. Bush "We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.591)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Let's modify it a bit: I come over to your house taking donations for the home for wayward boys. You ask about my morals. Now I say I plan to teach them the ways of Christ and bring them up as devout Christians. How much money do you give? (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.590)

  Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs

(...) One thing which to my mind makes property tax supported schools at least somewhat palatable is that in most parts of the country you do have at least some choice as to how much property tax you will pay, and what kind of school system (of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.590)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Well, obviously you won't take too keenly to the theory to begin with, BUT, since you asked :) Let's look at our society. Take theft for example. Suppose there was someone who didn't believe in the right to own physical property. He couldn't (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.590)

  Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs

(...) I'm biased. I live in Ada, Amway pays a lot of my school taxes, and I have a lot of friends and relatives that work for Amway (the corporate entity) in various capacities, including my sister-in-law, several nonLEGO good friends and my LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.589)

  Renegade Republicans (was re: To change the tune...

(...) G H W "I never met a spending bill I didn't like" Bush is the renegade Republican, my friend. USD 500B deficits as far as the eye can see, more government, more spending on social welfare programs, more intrusions into people's private lives, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.588)

  Re: To change the tune...

(...) You need to understand what "Democracy" means. (...) It is not only "Islamic extremists" who oppose what Israel is doing. (...) Yep, it's a (URL) f> (URL) a> (URL) c> (URL) t>. (...) You are in denial. Scott A (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.588)

  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) So I agree that unfettered democracy is evil. I think what Orion is asking you is for a definition of "enough people." I'm curious too. (...) I think there is a degree of behavior that could be called impinging on your freedom, but simply (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.587)

  Oldest constitution still in opperation in the world used to justify same sex marriage

The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has just clarified it's ruling. Nothing short of full marriage rights for same sex couples is acceptable under the Massachusetts constitution, the oldest constitution in the world. (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.587)

  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) Yes. When they are necessary. You haven't proven the case that this particular law (banning public nudity) is *necessary* yet, though. If a law isn't protecting the rights of citizens from being infringed, it is not necessary. (not every law (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.587)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Well, difference of opinion on our parts, I think. By my moral theory, slavery is not necessarily morally wrong. Is that to say that I think slavery in the US wasn't wrong? No. In fact, I'm pretty sure it WAS wrong. Basically, my morality (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.587)

  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) I agree that most in the US are "modest" by your definition, but what about those who don't fit your definition? Don't they have just as much of a right to be "immodest"? Until someone can tell me exactly why public nudity is harmful, without (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.587)

  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) That piece by Morris has been widely questioned as relying too heavily post-hoc reasoning based on pre-determined gender roles, but I still enjoy a lot of his work. I don't doubt that breasts have been long-time symbols of fertility and (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.587)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) Not to jump in for John N here, but I think this is just resultant of what was cut off in replies... I think what he was getting at was a sense of ethical equality, which he said is central to Libertarianism. The top bit looks like it was cut (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.586)

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G7KAE9.MFt@lugnet.com... (...) I didn't (and don't) dispute your rights. (...) a (...) his (...) I don't accept that at all. Anyone who wants to express their opinion in a public forum (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.586)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

<37DC9866.54DFFFBB@uswest.net> <FHzyB1.3zB@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) I'm not trying to take this out of context, but do you really mean this? If not, what do you mean? If so, I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.586)

  Re: Killing (was: Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing))

(...) As you note below, your standard is that happiness is central to your philosophy. For those who disagree, their conclusions would be different. (...) Don't be silly, no 'animals' can experience unhappiness. God put them on this earth for us to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.586)

  Re: A lttile tiny cheer...

(...) Here's something, I've noticed that on this NG that most 'intellectual debaters' are not for the Patriot Act due to the limits on freedom and stomping on the Bill o' Rights... Yet another NG (remain nameless), the Patriot Act is seen as some (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.586)

  Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)

<37D72389.74A66C33@io.com> <FHu88B.8It@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Whoa whoa whoa. I was talking about expression, not homicide. My right to express myself extends as far as it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.585)

More:  Next Page >>