 Off-Topic / Debate / 9369
9368  |  9370
Subject:
My Underwear Buying Philosophy! (Re: was -- er whatever...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:10:52 GMT

You know, you guys really need to get out more.

You're worried about my *touching* a rolled up undergarment as if I could
infect it or something?

Let's talk about ladies underwear for a second...most of the women's
undergarments for sale in stores are just hanging there on a rack where
people can finger them all they want -- a child's greasy fingers, grandma's
lotioned hands, I sneeze and need something to wipe my nose on, etc.  No one
seems to complain about this.  And for what it's worth and even though it's
not allowed, I suppose a woman could haul some of the undies into a dressing
room and try them on for size before buying.  Who would know?  Actually, it
is my understanding that a woman may try on a bra but not panties
(right???).  This probably accounts for the fact that most people wash their
store bought undergarments before actually wearing them.

The undies I was talking about for myself, come in plastic box wrappers with
5 or 6 undies to the pack.  Each item within the package is rolled with a
tape.  It's no big deal to swap them out, and for me to get the colors I
want, and for it to seem as if nothing had happened to the packages of other
colors I leave behind.  I want all black.  Maybe someone else wants all grey
or white.  And it's not like my hands are soiled or something, I keep some
pretty clean hands as rule so as to not screw up my trackball from tracking
properly.

Okay, maybe it's "product tampering" -- are such laws really on the books
and applicable to what I am describing? Geez, no one has ever mentioned this
to me in my whole life (could it be because no theft is involved...?).
Frankly, no one has EVER mentioned EVEN the concept of this to me.  What I
am doing is little more than what might happen, more randomly color-wise, at
the underwear factory.

Maybe I should buy undies individually -- and if I had ever seen any I liked
sold this way I might have purchased them.  As it stands, I am fairly
particular on the subject of my underwear as to fit and color.  So, until a
sales clerk tells me to knock it off with the color swapping on packages of
underwear, I probably won't stop it.  Sorry to disappoint, but I don't give
a damn that this may bother some of you.

But still, it's not theft...I purchase my stuff, and the stuff I leave
behind is in "as new" condition for selling too!

If people want to use the same approach in buying Bionickles masks, I say
more power to 'em!  I am not recommending this approach, but then again if I
had spent the semi-big money that the original poster had, I think I might
feel more than a little justified in getting the mask colors I wanted.  I
probably won't be buying any Bionickles myself, as I consider it in a
category of inferior products on par with Robotriders...

So until I can buy black undies to my liking individually...you guys can well...

...Eat my shorts!

=oP

-- Richard