 Off-Topic / Debate / 9366
Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 18:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In what way is opening multiple packages and rearranging the assortments not
theft? If you don't like the assortment don't buy it, but what is the shop
to do with the opened packages you've left behind after you fished your
favorite colors of underwear out so you could have what you wanted?

Well, actually -- I repackage the underwear I don't want so it's identical
to it's original packaging except for the color varieties, perfectly fit for
selling and I doubt anyone even notices.  I do actually pay for the
assortments I have arranged for myself, BTW.

You know, looking at this as "the consumer who reaches the underwear
department after Richard", it would make me kind of sick.  The impression
would be that someone went to the dressing room with said three-pack of
underwear and tried them on!  Bleeah!!  So as a consumer, I WOULD NOT BUY
the packages pilfered by Richard.  In the store's policy, these items are
what we call "shrink", i.e. loss of profit due to the tampering or theft of
an item.  This causes the store to lose, prices to rise and consumers to
vomit upon picking up "suspected" dirty underwear!  BIG SURPRISE FOR
RICHARD:  You can buy black underwear by the single brief!  Of course, that
would assume you are honest, not cheap and buy the product designed for you.
If you really want to save yourself some bucks, just go find a post
back-to-school backpack sale, pile your underwear in it and find a 16 year
old clerk on the phone to her boyfriend and get what you really want :op

Aaron (buy's colored underwear packages, AND wears the red rocketship
designs fondly recalling Calvin comics)