 Off-Topic / Debate / 9344
Re: In the interest of full disclosure...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:55:53 GMT

Dave Low wrote:

Maybe Chris Tracey (or someone else) can explain this a bit better, but I think
it's important to point out the main flaw in "intelligent design". To take
Behe's mousetrap analogy: it's true that half a mousetrap isn't much of a
mousetrap. But there's plenty of other useful things you can do with a piece of
board, or a spring, or a sliver of metal. And if you juggle them around for long
enough, picking those arrangements that do something vaguely interesting, you
could well end up with a mouse trap.

This is a good start.  I have some additions to this but I'm late for an
event I have to go to.  I'll send my comments ASAP.
-chris