 Off-Topic / Debate / 9318
Re: In the interest of full disclosure...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 04:02:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

That's OK, since that's the vision I have of every Literal Creationist. You
don't have to physically burn a book to destroy knowledge or worse, destroy
the very ability to think.

Wow we MUST be good if we can control whether or not someone is able to
think.  It's a good thing you're smarter than everyone else Larry so we
can't exercise our super powers over YOU!  You must be among the more
evolved humans....your grandfather wasn't ape until 100 generations ago
whereas most of us had a grandfather ape only 75 or so.  I guess you've
now discovered my reason for participating in this debate - I just
wanted to see if I could destroy someones ability to think!

You literal creationists, with your incessant pushing to get a theory with
little or no scientific validity treated the same way as theories with a
great deal of validity and a great deal of observational support, are worse
than any Fireman.

Like what theory would that be that we push for that has little or no
scientific validity?

I guess I wouldn't be quite so vehement in pushing back at you guys if you
had *some* clue as to how science worked

I admit and apologize - my own personal knowledge of science in general
is pretty minimal...that doesn't mean the hundreds of scientists out
there who fully believe in literal creationism are equally ignorant.

, or if you didn't try to destroy
the thought processes of impressionable young children by presenting bunkum
as valid. Either one.

Hrmmm...I think you will find that textbooks have been presenting bunkum
for quite some time (peppered moth experiment
http://www.drdino.com/SeminarVideo/Part4/04apt16PepMoth.ram, horse
evolution:
http://www.drdino.com/SeminarVideo/Part4/04bptHorse.ram).....but I guess
if we eventually prove the bunkum wrong it's still okay that we lied for
a long time.  Seeing that there is overwhelming evidence of intelligent
design (see original message in this thread), why wouldn't it be a good
idea to point this out?

--
-TiM
NB, CA