 Off-Topic / Debate / 9307
Re: In the interest of full disclosure...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:05:35 GMT

My views about creationism should at this point be fairly well established,
but I came across this piece in the local paper today.

http://www.postgazette.com/magazine/20010208behe6.asp

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette isn't exactly a rigorous scientific journal, so
the inclusion of this article shouldn't be taken to equal legitimacy.  In
addition, Dr. Michael Behe's theory of intelligent design does nothing to
explain where the intelligent designer came from, and he also seems
uninterested in the theory of punctuated equilibrium, among others, since
his comments come across as a refutation of basic Darwinian evolution rather
than current theory.

I can only hope that you take this as an indicator that the major scientific
community does recognize the futility of macro-evolution explanation for how
life cameinto existance and 'progressed'.

The intelligence often pointed to is often described as being an alien race -
which only begs the question where did it come from.

If you totally reject the notion of a God-as-creator then you end up in this
sort of silly reasoning.

(FWIW- this is a hot topic in PA since they're considering changing school
cirriculum to refer to evolution as a theory (sad state of affairs there in PA
schools.)

-Jon