 Off-Topic / Debate / 9316
Re: In the interest of full disclosure...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 01:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:
Dave Schuler wrote:

  I've heard nothing about it in the Pittsburgh area, other than a
poorly-written editorial in the Gazette.  Be assured I will personally burn
every textbook, funded by my tax money, that espouses creationism or
intelligent design as viable alternatives to evolution as a means of
scientific explanation.

Go get em' Dave you crazy text book burning machine!  I'm getting these
mental images of you as one of the firemen in "Farenheit 45" walking
around Pittsburgh with a big flame thrower raiding schools to burn
books.

That's OK, since that's the vision I have of every Literal Creationist. You
don't have to physically burn a book to destroy knowledge or worse, destroy
the very ability to think.

You literal creationists, with your incessant pushing to get a theory with
little or no scientific validity treated the same way as theories with a
great deal of validity and a great deal of observational support, are worse
than any Fireman.

I guess I wouldn't be quite so vehement in pushing back at you guys if you
had *some* clue as to how science worked, or if you didn't try to destroy
the thought processes of impressionable young children by presenting bunkum
as valid. Either one.

++Lar

++Lar