 Off-Topic / Debate / 9306
9305  |  9307
Subject:
In the interest of full disclosure...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:24:03 GMT

My views about creationism should at this point be fairly well established,
but I came across this piece in the local paper today.

http://www.postgazette.com/magazine/20010208behe6.asp

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette isn't exactly a rigorous scientific journal, so
the inclusion of this article shouldn't be taken to equal legitimacy.  In
addition, Dr. Michael Behe's theory of intelligent design does nothing to
explain where the intelligent designer came from, and he also seems
uninterested in the theory of punctuated equilibrium, among others, since
his comments come across as a refutation of basic Darwinian evolution rather
than current theory.

     Dave!