 Off-Topic / Debate / 9343
9342  |  9344
Subject:
A question about this creationism/evolution debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:52:55 GMT

This question is mainly aimed at the individuals here supporting
'scientific creationism', but anyone else is free to add their own
thoughts.

What is the creationist community afraid of when it comes to evolution?
There is no conflict that I can between evolutionary theory and
religious beliefs. My methodist minister father-in-law believes in
evolution.  The Presbyterian minister that married my wife and I has a
collection of fossils in his church office along with copies of books by
SJ Gould (He also has one of those Darwin Fish stickers on his car :).
They don't see this conflict, why do you guys?  Belief in evolution
versus belief in a higher power is not an either/or controversy, both
topics should be able to coexist peacefully in anyone's life.

I'm not looking for more "lack of transitional fossils" arguments in
this thread.  I would really like to know why you believe the acceptance
of evolution will affect your moral system in a negative manner.

-chris