 Off-Topic / Debate / 7215
Re: Spot Pole - Is Gore Just a Bad Loser?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:24:43 GMT

you must be watching BBC (big buncha crap).  Vice-Presidents who run for
President of the USA and fail don't get a second chance, so if Gore loses he
won't be back.  But I don't blame him at all for using whatever resources he
has available to him to win this election.  Same applies to Bush.  I only
hope the victor will fight so vehemently to cut taxes and return the
so-called surplus to the voters once he gets in.  Ha.  Did you say something
about being cynical?

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
Spot Pole - Is Gore Just a Bad Loser?

I can't decide. To a certain extend, I can see his point. But if I were
cynical, I would say that he is just going to go on wanting re-counts • until
he gets the results he wants.

Perhaps there really are constitutional issues at stake here? Even if • there
are, did he not accept the current system when he entered "the race". • Should
he just accept the result now, and then work to clarify the system for the
next time?

If he does loose in the end, will history view him as a bad loser, rather
than a former VP? Will he be able to run again? Will HC let him?

Scott A