 Off-Topic / Debate / 7217
Re: Spot Pole - Is Gore Just a Bad Loser?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes:
you must be watching BBC (big buncha crap).

I like it. I've seen the version you get in the US (BBC World?), and it is
pretty poor as it copies the repetitive CNN world service. Because of the
way BBC is it just reports the news. It does not really hype up non-news
when there is no news to report - there is no benefit in this. Further, they
feel no need to inject feel good factor stories. However, it is what you
make of it. They have 5 national radio networks and 4 or 5 national TV
channels. Each of these tailor their content to their perceived audience.
Further, as it is a public service broadcaster it is able to air programmes
which would never see the light of day otherwise - as the audience would be
too small. This means that many of the less-popular niches of our culture
remain in the popular conscience. Just imagine, 6 solids hours of solid
opera (subtitled) with no breaks.

Vice-Presidents who run for
President of the USA and fail don't get a second chance, so if Gore loses he
won't be back.

Is this constitutional, or just the way it works out?

But I don't blame him at all for using whatever resources he
has available to him to win this election.  Same applies to Bush.  I only
hope the victor will fight so vehemently to cut taxes and return the
so-called surplus to the voters once he gets in.  Ha.  Did you say something
about being cynical?

I only hope they live up to their pre-election promises :)

Scott A

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
Spot Pole - Is Gore Just a Bad Loser?

I can't decide. To a certain extend, I can see his point. But if I were
cynical, I would say that he is just going to go on wanting re-counts • until
he gets the results he wants.

Perhaps there really are constitutional issues at stake here? Even if • there
are, did he not accept the current system when he entered "the race". • Should
he just accept the result now, and then work to clarify the system for the
next time?

If he does loose in the end, will history view him as a bad loser, rather
than a former VP? Will he be able to run again? Will HC let him?

Scott A