 Off-Topic / Debate / 6905
6904  |  6906
Subject:
My Official Viewpoint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 23:15:46 GMT

OK, I think it's time to restate and clarify a few things before this gets
totally out of hand.

To Lar) First of all, Lar, I apologize if anything I said seemed like an
insult of any kind. It was not my intention, and I don't hate you or
anything.  Sometimes stuff gets taken the wrong way across the 'net. We've
been here before, you know what I mean.

To Everyone else) If I said anything else that insulted anyone else, again,
I'm sorry. It was not my intention.

1) I dislike JarJar. On the Todd-o-meter I rate about a 9 in terms of Star
Wars fanaticism. I have Star Wars posters on my wall. I have Jeremy
Bulloch's and Kenny Baker's autographs. Therefore, I think JarJar is
obnoxious and I find humor directing unpleasantness toward JarJar extremely
fuuny. If that makes me twisted, so be it.

2) I am not evil. I got both my dogs from the animal shelter. I give money
to disabled kids' charities where they are taken to do special things they
otherwise wouldn't get to do. Maybe these are paltry examples. I'm not in
the Peace Corps. Deal.

3)I don't hate kids. I do, however, resent attempts by parents to censor
things that I have access to as an adult. If you want to stick a ratings
label on something, fine. Personally, I don't feel responsible for your
kids, and I don't think that people with kids should try to make me
responsible for them. This is why I do not have children. My wife and I feel
that we're enjoying being adults at this time. Maybe we'll change later on,
who knows?

Anyway, I posted this because things can get muddled after they're quoted
and re-quoted and re-hashed over the course of a debate. I just wanted to
clear stuff up because I don't want any hard feelings to or from anyone.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego