 Off-Topic / Debate / 6915
Re: My Official Viewpoint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 05:38:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:

1) I dislike JarJar. On the Todd-o-meter I rate about a 9 in terms of
Star
Wars fanaticism. I have Star Wars posters on my wall. I have Jeremy
Bulloch's and Kenny Baker's autographs. Therefore, I think JarJar is
obnoxious and I find humor directing unpleasantness toward JarJar extremely
fuuny. If that makes me twisted, so be it.

No offense, but I think your logic is a little flawed.

I'm unfamiliar with the "Todd-o-meter", but I am a pretty big SW fan myself
(Todd knows me well enough to rate me on his meter if he chooses to, I think).

Anyway, point is, I am a big SW fan and I don't think Jar Jar is obnoxious, • nor
do I find any humour in directing unpleasantness to him.  He's not my favorite
character, to be sure, but I got tired of seeing people complain about him and
direct hate at him after about the 5,000th time I saw it.

So, you don't like Jar Jar, and that's fine, but don't say that because you're
a "big Star Wars fan" that it naturally follows that you loathe Jar Jar and
find humour in directing unpleasantness at him, because it doesn't.

Seconded.

Frank
(who is at least a 5 out of 10 on the scale for Star Wars fan (probably a 6 or
7), and doesn't hate Jar-Jar.