 Off-Topic / Debate / 27297
Re: Heads up, atheists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:46:47 GMT

John wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:

--SNIP--

I would think that doing good for religious people is more about personal
gain than for atheists. Theists always believe that their good deeds will go
rewarded by God or Karma or some other external system whereas atheists care
only about their self-respect and the respect of others.

Hey Tim-

I knew this would come up:-)  Actually, doing good for religious people is more
of a {response} rather than an attempt to curry favor.  Christian doctrine is
that we are saved by grace {alone}; God's love is unconditional.  One cannot
earn what one already has been given.

The response to the God's love is to act in {gratitude}; to love as we have been
{first} loved.

God's love, what a joke.  Send all the sinners to Hell, but love them.
Riiiight.