 Off-Topic / Debate / 27280
Re: Heads up, atheists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:28:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   I agree with Dave completely.

Another key weakness of his opinion is that he ignores whether atheists could actively support religious charities for non-religious purposes. Although I am an agnostic, I regularly donate to Heifer International because I believe in their mission and methodology. I first learned about Heifer while attending church as a kid. I support them regardless of whether they calls themselves Christian or Buddhist or what-have-you. I imagine that many atheists do the same.

Hey, Lenny-

Do you support them because you feel an obligation towards your fellow man? And if so, from where does that sense eminate?

JOHN