 Off-Topic / Debate / 26373
Re: Victories for smokefree ballot initiatives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:47:05 GMT

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 04:03:31PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
This from a smokefree activist list I subscribe to...

Unfortunately, workers lost the right to breathe smokefree air in all
workplaces in Toledo and Duluth. No barhopping there! :-(

Now for Illinois in 2006, I hope!

Hmmm. So the point is to protect the employees of restaurants from
smoke? Not about being able to have dinner in a smoke free room?
Shouldn't that be left as a choice for the people who work in the bar?
I've no problem with a smoking section, as long as there's a reasonable
non-smoking section (and trust me, I hate cigarette smoke!).

I've a feeling that almost all the people who voted for these
initiatives voted because THEY don't want to deal with the smoke, not
because they're trying to protect the workers.

I'm not convinced this should be a law.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com