 Off-Topic / Debate / 222
Re: lugnet.religion.flame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:19:11 GMT

Once upon a time, Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote:

Beaker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org> wrote:
Basically it boils down to this:  there are a lot more believers who
care that a person doesn't believe than there are non-believers who care
that a person does.  Hence my frustration.  Does that make sense?

It really doesn't to me.  I have my faith and my father-in-law, the
minister, would probably lament to hear me say it, but I don't accept
that your faith or your soul or anyone else's is my responsibility.

Makes no difference to me what everyone else believes.  Not my
business unless they try to tell me what to believe.

You're in the minority, or so it would seem. Either that or the people
that are obviously believers are a bit less tolerant of non believers
but the quiet faith types (who I appreciate more anyway) are a bit more
and aren't obviously beleivers so they skew the perceived mix.

Maybe it's just that there are a lot of hypocritical loudmouths who like
to hide their intolerance and hate in the cloak of respectable
Christianity.

This is not meant to make generalizations about Christians, loudmouths
or Hypocrates.

Steve