 Off-Topic / Debate / 21941
  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) I think the belief in the 'sacredness of human life' applies to more than conservatives' I've been told that I'm a Canadian Liberal, but I 'believe' in the sacredness of life. Whether the other points are 'just conservative', i.e. smaller (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Never meant to imply that it excluded anyone else. I tend to lean towards libertarianism, and there go I but for a couple of reservations. First, I can't stomach the de-criminalize all drugs argument. Some drugs are too bad (harmful to health) (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) For the last time, can we lay this red herring to rest? The issue is not "what does 'is' mean in casual parlance?" but rather "what is the implication of 'is' according to the accepted and rigid strictures of legal discourse as established in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) See my other reply to you. (...) Thanks for clearing that up. I really appreciate it. (...) I'm condemning them for their arrogance, not their education! It takes an arrogant person to say that we all must have toilets that flush no more than (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) See my reply to your reply. (...) You're welcome. And I notice that you didn't attempt to refute my answer. (...) It's been a while, so perhaps you've forgotten. Here's what you wrote in your previous (URL) post>: That’s my biggest problem (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) It takes arrogance to think that you can waste more water than other people. What makes you so special? Even if there is no potable water shortage in your area, areas nearby may be stressed. (...) Or you unscrew the clamp from your wallet and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) What's the point? You dislike Bush, I think he's doing a decent job, there's no common ground on the issue to make it worth discussing. (...) Red herring--bringing up a quote by one conservative and attributing it to all. It is pretty funny, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) That's what makes me mad, that other people are making me waste water because they know better than me what my situation is! (...) According to the plumber I consulted, the money would be better spent on a pressure system. The irony is that I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) If you truly think that he's doing a decent job, then I agree that there is nothing I can say to you that would make a difference. (...) Be careful with your misattributions. I *wondered* how many other Conservatives might share Rove's (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Dave, that was awesome. Though honestly I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. (...) Actually, while that's a good theory, I'm not sure it's exactly true. I recently heard the stats on ... uh... Maine or New Hampshire's (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Gore is okay -- not great, just okay. I find the poltical agenda of his wife Tipper annoying though... Bush is an enemy to the people. Simple as that. Anyone that cannot see that fact doesn't understand, or perhaps value, our system of govt. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Ah, the perils of failing to include the 8^) Seriously, I'm not terribly caught up in the real-worldliness of PhDs, though I admit that the cliche about absentminded professors kind of gets on my nerves, too. (...) Hmm. That's interesting, and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Too bad Bush added the line, "...Against any threat, real, imagined, or constructed out of thin air." :-) (...) The majority of voters in the DC area are black - whether or not they are bureasucrats and government employees I couldn't say, but (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Good examples: the Networking professor who asked me what Novell was (in 1993, when it was the only viable PC-based server NOS) and the Abstract Algebra professor who made errors calculating student grades. You can subpoena my lawyer for their (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) I grew up with two for parents... and look what that did to me. (...) No apology is necessary where no offense is taken, and I figured that if I wanted to post here where the numbers are decidedly against me, I better have thick skin anyway! (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) But what doesn't the guy misquote, eh? :) (...) I'm not sure about voters, but the population is 63% white, 26% black (higher than national average), 5% Asian, and 6% Hispanic ((URL)). I don't know how to go about calculating the areas of (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)