 Off-Topic / Debate / 21314
Re: How to start a fire.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:20:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
Going on the assumption that abortion = murder, your argument is that an
unconnected wrong justifies another.  This requires that you prove any abortion
= murder without condition (not to mention you are still saddled with proving
one wrong justifies another).

Assuming that abortion /= murder, your argument is simply a way to dodge the
justifications, or lack thereof, of the Iraqi war.

Let me ask you a question: do you think your friend walked away because he felt
there was no way to refute your argument, or that he thought it was too specious
to bother with?

No I think he took it exactly as I intended. Along the lines of "why are people
making such a fuss over this when there are far worse evils to be stopping
first."

So, an unrelated wrong justifies the other.  Nonsense.  Nor is the "wrong"
proven, just your opinion.

Also you might want to read:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=21289

Why?