 Off-Topic / Debate / 21313
Re: How to start a fire.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:24:32 GMT

Going on the assumption that abortion = murder, your argument is that an
unconnected wrong justifies another.  This requires that you prove any abortion
= murder without condition (not to mention you are still saddled with proving
one wrong justifies another).

Assuming that abortion /= murder, your argument is simply a way to dodge the
justifications, or lack thereof, of the Iraqi war.

Let me ask you a question: do you think your friend walked away because he felt
there was no way to refute your argument, or that he thought it was too specious
to bother with?

No I think he took it exactly as I intended. Along the lines of "why are people
making such a fuss over this when there are far worse evils to be stopping
first."

Also you might want to read:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=21289

-Mike Petrucelli