 Off-Topic / Debate / 15212
Re: Is Eduardo is out of line? (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:23:05 GMT

"David \"Fuzzy\" Gregory" <david.gregory@student.oc.edu> writes:
I do object to the swearing, but I agree that people should not make LEGO
minifigs into gay characters.  Anyway, just because someone doesn't like gay
minifigs doesn't mean that they're homophobic.  Instead of homophobia, they
could be homoodious (hating homosexuality instead of fearing it).  Please
remember that just because someone doesn't like something, doesn't mean that
they're scared of it.

It's called "homophobia" because bigotry is fear-based.  Hating
homosexuals is just as wrong as hating black people or Jews.

XFUT: lugnet.off-topic.debate

--Bill.