 Administrative / General / 9862
Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:23:52 GMT

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message

First swearing, and now homophobia.  I strongly feel that Señor Harte
should be officially reprimanded, at a minimum...

I think he should be repirmanded as well - only for swearing though.  His
response was very distasteful and out of line, though I don't think he can
or should be punished for an opinion about homosexuals.  Sure, its an
umpopular opinion among educated people (which I'd assume is most of
LUGNET), but no one should be reprimanded for simply expressing an opinion.

The swearing however is totally out of line.  Its written in black and white
in the LUGNET ToS which he agreed to when he signed up here.  We've seen
many examples of profane people here over the years, there's little room for
excuse.

-Tim