 Administrative / General / 9864
Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, William R. Ward writes:

First swearing, and now homophobia.

Homophobia is wrong in my view. Very wrong and very misguided. But
expressing one's opinion about it, even if it is hateful, isn't directly
against the ToS, I don't think.

I strongly feel that Señor Harte
should be officially reprimanded, at a minimum...

I agree, because his speech is a strong and clear cut violation of the ToS.
I fear, however, that nothing will be done by the admins, it will be left to
the community to deal with as best it can.

Regrettably, that seems to be the way things are going here nowadays, the
admins do not speak up on issues, even serious ones, at least not in a
useful (clear, unambiguous and non petulant) way.

If that's the case the best that can be done is to limit the (homophobia and
minifig nudity) discussion to off-topic.debate and try to use off LUGNET
means to convince Eduardo to conform to community norms.

So be it, I guess. But my concern for the long term health of LUGNET is only
heightened by this.

++Lar