 Off-Topic / Debate / 14445
Re: 6 degrees of separation..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:47:43 GMT

But at the same time (warts and all) we're better than they are. Because if
you try to compose a list of POSITIVES instead of negatives, our list looks
a lot better than theirs.

Is that a global (America) "we're"? And who exactly does "they" refer to? It's
a bit naive to try & judge "relative goodness" of a nation (or a people) by
such a list (even if you could compile such a list). IMO.

ROSCO (who thinks Americans are generally "good", but that doesn't mean America
as a nation is "better" than any other. Except, presumably, in the eyes of
those who choose to live there.)