 Off-Topic / Debate / 14435
Re: 6 degrees of separation..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:01:16 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:GM1qKx.Do9@lugnet.com...
Paul was a PM on a project I was on when we were both at CTP:

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-eliopoulos103001.shtml

I have heard his story first hand. Pretty chilling.

Wow.  Makes you think more than twice when someone comes up to you and tries
to convince you that 'we're the real terrorists.'  Bull.

Anyways, that's not my point.  On your 6 degrees of separation topic, my
good friend's dad is Joe Ritchie, the Chicago area local who was close to
Abdul Haq and along with his brother tried to get special forces sent in to
save him this past weekend (the family has business and personal ties in
Pakistan and Afghanistan, and from what I understand, also ties with some of
our leaders).  Obviously this failed.  I read an article on him in the
Sunday paper (I work for the Chicago Sun-Times and was shocked to see him in
there), I arrived home with a paper for my parents and they told me he had
just had an ABC interview.

I'm sure there are probably a few other stories like this from others here
on LUGNET about 6 degrees.  Anyone else?

PS - is this a .debate topic or a .people topic?

-Tim