 Off-Topic / Debate / 14535
Re: Abdul Haq (was Re: 6 degrees of separation.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:54:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message

Anyways, that's not my point.  On your 6 degrees of separation topic, my
good friend's dad is Joe Ritchie, the Chicago area local who was close to
Abdul Haq and along with his brother tried to get special forces sent in • to
save him this past weekend (the family has business and personal ties in
Pakistan and Afghanistan, and from what I understand, also ties with some • of
our leaders).  Obviously this failed.

Would that be Abdul Haq in his peacemaking persona, or the terrorist one? • It
is my understanding that Mr Haq was quite an accomplished terrorist. In • 1984
he planted a bomb in Kabul airport - it killed 28 people (mostly
school-children). A truly evil act.

And what was the purpose of Mr Haq's bomb? In his words: "to warn people • not
to send their children to the Soviet Union".

In 1995 Ronald Reagan described him as "one of the brave commanders who • lead
the Afghan freedom fighters".

And why am I not surprised at this post?

Because you have read the story before?

Oh, because Scott's a troll.

Ah. An insult.

Go ahead and make your jabs, but I won't participate in this debate.  I did
not post that information to be debated (allthough this is .debate, so I
should be expecting it), I posted it to share some biographical information
about the topic of '6 degrees of separation).

So what's the big deal if I fill in a few gaps?

But of course, you have to
come along and poke at everyone who doesn't agree with your views,

I have no idea what your view is on this.

or
doesn't like you for that matter.

Does the truth hurt you so much? What is the big deal?

-Tim

(definitely NOT a Larritarian, but I am aware of who is the more
level-headed one here, even though that level head is often a big one)

What is your point? Who is disagreeing with me on this? Who?

*Your* post is the troll.

Scott A