 Off-Topic / Debate / 14342
Re: GODMONEY (was re: Anthrax worse than AIDS?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:07:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

I never postulated a tragedy-calculus. In terms of public health numbers,
Anthrax is small potatos, but the difference lies in the fact that it is being
purposefully propagated and spread, and, as such, deserves immense public
attention.

As currently deployed, it is indeed small potatoes. I'm sure more people are
killed by food poisoning than anthrax. As a terrorist weapon it is very
effective. I expect the economic cost of its impact must be huge. If the
government treats it seriously, public fears may be allayed.

Post early for Christmas!

Scott A