 Off-Topic / Debate / 14335
Re: GODMONEY (was re: Anthrax worse than AIDS?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:28:08 GMT

Horst:

Absolutely right.  What matters over here is GOD and MONEY, or GODMONEY.

Nobody cares if thousands of homosexuals suffer and die.  Bible sales are
up.

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  Can you please elaborate?  Who is this
"nobody" that you are referring to?  What connection are you assuming between
Bible-purchases and AIDS deaths?  If I purchase a Bible (which I have in the
last year), am I therefore culpable for the deaths of people who have contracted
AIDS in non-risky-behavior by virtue of not giving said money to AIDS-related
charity?  Am I therefore culpable because I purchase Lego?  I bought a donut and
a barbecue sandwich for lunch yesterday.  Last weekend I bought a denim jacket
and a pair of dress pants.  Or is it only religious purchases that offend you?
Do you assume that because I'm religious I am pleased when people get AIDS?

At the top of the music charts are patriotic songs (sung by a French
woman?).

God Bless America, and the French Canadians too.

Our civil liberties have essentially just been thrown out the
window.

I wouldn't call them "thrown out the window" by any means, but I would say that
we have to remain vigilant to make sure that they aren't.

And we have the added fun of routinely bombing a foreign country and
thereby wasting, and otherwise using up, military supplies which will need
to be replaced.

...and we've also had the "fun" of being bombed, de facto, by a foreign
government.

Go team!!! Rah! Rah! Rah!

=(

-- Hop-Frog (Looking for the wolves amongst the sheep)