 Off-Topic / Debate / *821 (-20)
  Re: New Web Page

Hi-- Frank, I hope you'll forgive my answering the previous post through yours. (...) Neither do I, Frank. But the *right* to own one is vital in the United States, and for more reason than weapons--it's a symbolic iteration of the democratic ideal (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Yeah, that's why I won't be wasting much time on it. The total nuts on both sides are wrong, imo. (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Well, so much of everything else you said was complete and utter crap that I guess I didn't have the energy to read your mind instead of reading what you wrote. Sorry, but that lead-in (if you support the right to own a gun you must think the (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Demonstrate the need to own LEGO, then. What a silly question. No one should have to demonstrate needs here. We're talking about acquisition of property. If I have the resources, and the acquisition of property per se does not infringe the (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

Mike and John are doing fine. I wish I had time to participate in this debate as I usually do... it's fun. Not likely to change anyone's mind but fun. (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

On Thu, 13 May 1999 14:53:43 GMT, Christopher L. Weeks uttered the following profundities... (...) It wouldn't generally, but might temper the reaction of "stupid bloody foreigner!" That could instead be "half-stupid, half- foreigner!" (...) (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

On Thu, 13 May 1999 15:34:45 GMT, Steve Bliss uttered the following profundities... (...) This is getting close to what I was trying to say. Which Mike has decided to close off to, rather than trying to understand what was meant, and blow everything (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

On Thu, 13 May 1999 15:07:00 GMT, Lee Jorgensen uttered the following profundities... (...) I was under the impression that legislation was necessary to amend an amendment, such as a referendum. Is that not the case? (...) But please demonstrate a (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

Steve Bliss wrote in message <373b2d40.4308071@lu...et.com>... (...) strange. (...) If our country wasn't over run by this "its not a crime unless convicted" mentality I might find this argument credible. However, so much crime occurs because it is (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) There's already several sources of information about who owns various non-lethal pieces of property. Houses, cars, businesses. The government knows about the cars I own from at least two different sources already: the title and the (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) There's already nothing to stop them from overruling any of the amendments. I don't see your argument. Steve (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I believe it has something to do with the fact that the police are only *supposed* to be involved in situations where a crime has been committed. No crime, no punishment. Can you imagine what would happen if citizens could be punished because (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

On Wed, 12 May 1999 22:20:20 GMT, James Brown uttered the following profundities... (...) Thank you. That was along the lines of what I had hoped to convey. (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) The only problem I see with a gun license is the creation of a list of gun owners, which would make the job of the out of control government cracking down on the population easier (recall that this is one of the major reasons for the 2nd (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) In that I think it leads people to want a solution to some problem NOW! This makes violence as a means to solve a problem more likely. It also creates higher stress which makes it more likely that someone will crack. (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I agree with this statement. I think a 'gun license', similar to a 'driving license', is a reasonable and rational requirement for gun ownership. Anyone who wants to legally obtain a gun should be willing to go through a period of training and (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) For instance, they could be on a treadmill...not getting from point A to B at all. (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Maybe (...) How so? This is the only one that I don't 'get' right off. (...) I really think these last two bullets are right on. Everything else stems from these, and I really think that the second to last is derivative of the last. Parents (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) For the record, I think that my beliefs are subject to change, but others have tried to convince me and it hasn't happened on this issue. (...) This is the key practical point, as far as I see it. (...) And this is the key ethical point which (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I would have to agree with Mike. The biggest problem with gun legislation, is that it's in the second amendment of the US Constitution. Spelled out specifically. If the government deems is necessary to take away that amendement, what's to stop (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact