 Off-Topic / Debate / 819
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 04:15:32 GMT

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote:
No, they are bad because they provide people with the option of easily
doing violence (shooting someone), rather than difficult violence
(stabbing, strangling, bludgeoning, etc) or the even-more unthinkable
prospect of peacably working things out.  In the 'heat of the moment', some
people will go for the gun, if it's there.

Having said all that, I don't understand the psychology of being able to
murder someone.  Go ahead, call me a wimp, but I can't imagine killing
someone.  OK, I can imagine it, but I can't imagine actually doing it.

Steve

This is getting close to what I was trying to say. Which Mike
has decided to close off to, rather than trying to understand
what was meant, and blow everything off.

Well, so much of everything else you said was complete and utter crap
that I guess I didn't have the energy to read your mind instead of
reading what you wrote.

Sorry, but that lead-in (if you support the right to own a gun you
must think the lives of the poor kids who were killed at school don't
matter) turned my stomach.

The facility of violence as you had described is very good, and
what I was trying to touch upon by mentioning psychology of
violence. I had some ridiculous example to use, translating it
to recent, dreadful events.

Sorry, but I still don't buy what you seem to be saying.  People are
responsible for their actions, whether they have to beat someone for
10 minutes with a baseball bat or pull a trigger one time.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide